About Do Thanh Thuy
Do Thanh Thuy is an experienced lawyer and ADR practitioner. She was a visiting lecturer in Intellectual Property (IP) at the Judicial Academy of Vietnam. She has substantial academic knowledge and practical expertise in all areas of commercial law, intellectual property, employment law, real estate, and general corporate law. She has worked for a number of prominent organizations i.e. Big C – an affiliate of Casino Group (France), Heineken International N.V (Netherlands), and other large corporations in Vietnam.
With 20 years of experience in complex business disputes and IP matters, Ms. Do encourages parties and counsel to identify realistic limits and values of IP rights in dispute, acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of their respective positions, and guard the confidential mediation process.
As a mediator, Ms. Do approaches each mediation engagement with an open mind. She prides herself on listening well, and being direct but respectful with the parties and witnesses.
Currently, Ms. Do is a mediator and lawyer for ANT, a pioneer professional law firm providing ADR and mediation services in Vietnam. Her dispute resolution practice helps clients with the following:
- Negotiation – reviewing relevant contracts and documents, and advising and negotiating with relevant parties before initiating the legal proceeding
- Litigation and legal representation – representing clients before the Vietnamese courts
- Arbitration – advising on choice of arbitration, drafting arbitration clauses, and representing clients for recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards
Ms. Do offers mediation and conflict resolution services to assist businesses, employers, groups, and organizations in resolving disputes, differences and conflict. She also promotes the use of mediation through training activities. She mediates disputes involving intellectual property and commercial contracts:
- All types of IP and technology disputes, including: patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and licensing agreements
- Commercial mediation, negotiating large scale contracts, advising regarding how to resolve disputes