About Primila Edward
Primila Edward is the principal consultant with Straits Consulting Group for the oil and gas, and maritime industries, with more than thirty-five years of practice in England, Malaysia and Singapore, including the arbitrating and mediating of several multi-million dollar disputes.
She has served as in- house counsel for several companies, including publicly listed companies in the oil and gas, maritime, and other sectors. She has also advised and negotiated numerous multinational cross-border projects and international business transactions involving multi-million and billion dollar projects around the world.
- Maritime – Advisory and Transactional Work
- Ms. Edward has extensive experience in negotiating, vetting and drafting shipping contracts and other shipping documentation, such as shipbuilding and ship repair contracts, charter party, bills of lading and commercial ship management agreements, BIMCO Standard Form Shipping contracts, Norwegian Sale Form (NSF), sale and purchase of ships, lease and supply of vessels (mainly Floating Production, Storage and Offtake (FPSO) vessels), and advising companies on lay time and demurrage matters. Her experience also includes the arrest of vessels in local and foreign jurisdictions.
- Oil & Gas – Advisory and Transactional Work
- Ms. Edward has gained wide experience in the oil and gas industry as in-house counsel and more recently, as a consultant to the industry, both regionally and globally. She has been involved in the analysis, negotiation and documentation of transactions relating to all types of upstream, and downstream projects and contracts, including: engineering, procurement and construction, joint venture and joint operating agreements, production-sharing agreements, including advising on assessment and management of risk, financing agreements, and the structuring of agreements for minimizing investment, country and tax risks.
- Ms. Edward has broad experience in the negotiation and preparation of agreements relating to the development, construction and operation of plants, refineries and petrochemical facilities pipelines, gas processing Engineering and Manufacturing, Power Generation, in particular EPC, EPCC, EPCM, EPCIC, Alliance, Turnkey, FIDIC, FPSO Conversion and Construction, and Shipbuilding agreements.
- Ms. Edward has experience in managing litigation and arbitration matters as in-house counsel and instructing a company’s external lawyers and experts covering matters that relate to Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Maritime and Shipping Infrastructure, Construction, Mining and Financing, Structuring, negotiation and preparation of documentation and agreements for energy-related disputes, including providing advice in commercial litigation and ADR strategy and in construing and analyzing complex transactions.
- She mediated several corporate disputes in maritime and oil and gas matters, while in corporate practice.