About Chitra Narayan
Chitra Narayan is a lawyer and an accredited mediator with experience mediating commercial, corporate and family (including partition and matrimonial) disputes.
As a lawyer, Ms. Narayan has over 20 years’ experience in corporate commercial law, both as a transactional attorney and dispute resolver, experience she uses to inform her work in mediation and conciliation. Prior to establishing her independent practice, she was a partner with leading law firms in India.
Ms. Narayan has been a mediator with the Tamil Nadu Mediation and Conciliation Centre, annexed to the Madras High Court, since its inception in 2005. She is a founding Trustee of the Foundation for Comprehensive Dispute Resolution (FCDR), Chennai, an initiative to mainstream mediation and provide mediation and conciliation services.
Litigation, Advisory and Transactions Practice
- Prior to establishing her independent practice, Ms. Narayan was a partner with J. Sagar Associates (JSA) and a founding partner with Vichar Partners, a Chennai-based law firm.
- In her commercial law practice, Chitra advises her clients regarding corporate and shareholder disputes, commercial disputes, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and investment agreements, apart from general commercial agreements.
- Ms. Narayan is a certified accredited mediator with the Tamil Nadu Mediation and Conciliation Centre, Madras High Court (TNMCC)).
- She is a Founding Trustee of the Foundation for Comprehensive Dispute Resolution (FCDR), an organization providing mediation training and mediation services in Chennai.
- She is the Joint Secretary of Mediators India, a federation of mediators established for mediation research and advocacy.