About Adolphe Mushizi Mwendambali
Adolphe Mushizi Mwendambali has served as an attorney-at-law and legal advisor since 1999. He has extensive experience working for the United Nations and human rights organizations in the region, and has served as the Community Reintegration Program Manager for Caritas International (2003-2004), Protection Associate, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, (UNHCR) (2004-2009), Program Coordinator for Land Litigation, United Nations-Habitat (2009-2010), Women and Children Protection Program Manager, Rebuild Hope for Africa (2010-2011), Civil Affairs Program Officer, United-Nations Peacekeeping Mission in the DRC (2011-2016), and Women Protection Advisor – Human Rights Officer, United-Nations Joint Human Rights Office (2016-ongoing).
Mr. Mushizi is also the founder and advisor for the Global Peace Network Great Lakes Region (2012-2014) and the peacebuilding network, Absolutely Justice and Peace, a non-profit dedicated to dispute resolution, mediation, and leadership training for vulnerable populations, especially women, throughout the D.R. Congo.
- Arbitration of land and mining disputes, including getting settlement for compensation
- Advises companies regarding tax litigation, contract disputes, and work-related conflicts
- Represents clients (individuals and companies) in the courts and during judicial proceedings
- Collaborates with legal colleagues on administrative acts that harm communities, companies and individuals interests
- Advocates for communities and individuals regarding abusive expropriations by mining companies
- Works with students to raise awareness regarding how to settle disputes with the support of institutions
Mr. Mushizi has been involved in the resolution of workplace disputes throughout his legal career, beginning in 1999. He has experience mediating disputes related to non-legal and non-compliant contracts involving insurance companies, such as co-ops, regional hospitals, the office of medical work, the levy of taxes on rental income, and worker remuneration.