About Lilian Vargas
Lilian Vargas holds a Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution and is frequently a guest lecturer and trainer on negotiation, mediation, restorative justice and conflict resolution in Argentina and internationally. Since 1998, Ms. Vargas has been responsible for training activities at the Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office of the Federal Ministry of Justice. She has also served as a member of the legislative committees in charge of the following law projects: Judicial mediation, family mediation, ADR rules for the Civil and Commercial Code of Procedures, as well as the Youth, Adolescence and Family Code of Procedures. She is the co-author of several books on conflict resolution topics.
Registered as Mediator in the following rosters:
- Judicial Mediator:
- Superior Justice Tribunal, Chaco Province (1996)
- Federal Roster of the Ministry of Justice (1996)
- Family Mediator:
- Superior Justice Tribunal, Province of Chaco (2010)
- Federal Roster of the Ministry of Justice (2010
- Coordinator of the FIMe Community Mediation Center as member of the Federal Net of Community Mediation Centers, Ministry of Justice (2014-present)
- IDB Consultant, Trainer and Lecturer for the Community Mediation Program in Panama at the Procuratory of the Federal Government (2008; 2009; 2017)
- Executive and Academic Director of Fundación Instituto de Mediación (1995-present)
Lilian Vargas has been an attorney for over thirty-three years of practice before the Federal and Chaco state courts.